Welcome

Welcome Friends!! This little blog is for all my friends and family that have requested I share my recipes and other homemaking ideas… As most of you know, we moved onto a 64 acre farm about two years ago… we still have our Family Nights, but now many of us live up here on the farm: Mom and Dad live with Lanny and I, Paula built her house in one of the existing barns, Robbie and Molly built inside the big barn by us… You can check it all out on our blog the Johnson Gap Chronicles… Anyway, I am still fermenting and brewing all over my kitchen, but our Tuesday night dinners are not as large as they used to be. All the grands except 2 are grown, have jobs, live in other cities, and with the recent Covid insanity (and our daughter-in-laws heart transplant) James and Tasha are not out much lately. We just move on and look forward to better days. Thanks for peeking in… check back now and then and I promise to add new recipes and ideas as I am inspired :-) God bless!!

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Homemade Magnesium Oil

WHY USE MAGNESIUM OIL?

1) Most of us have a magnesium deficiency. Where we used to get magnesium from our soil and water supplies, we’ve now depleted our soil and scoured our water supply clean of trace minerals. So, we can either make the extra effort to eat more magnesium-rich foods like nuts, grains, and seeds, or we can supplement with magnesium.
2) Did you know magnesium is more easily absorbed transdermally through the skin than it is internally?
3) Magnesium oil is a useful, inexpensive, and simple way to apply magnesium to your skin. It only makes sense to learn how to make magnesium oil!

HOW TO MAKE MAGNESIUM OIL

  • 1/2 C. Magnesium chloride flakes
  • 1/2 C. purified or distilled water 
Measure water and flakes together in a small pan. Turn heat on low and stir well until completely dissolved. I doesn't need to boil, just warm enough to dissolve the flakes.
Remove from heat and allow to cool, then transfer into a glass spray bottle. 

HOW TO APPLY MAGNESIUM OIL

Spray magnesium oil on your arms, legs, and stomach daily. I also use it as a deodorant and spray underarms after bathing.

You may experience a tingling sensation when you first start using it. That’s perfectly normal and short-lived; the effect fades after 10 to 20 minutes. After a while of routinely applying magnesium oil, you likely won’t experience the tingling sensation any more.
Use the magnesium oil liberally, starting with 6 to 8 squirts a day and building up to as many as 20. Magnesium oil will loosen your stool, so the test to determine how much you need to apply is to simply watch your bowel movements. If they turn too loose, then back off the magnesium a little.

BENEFITS OF USING MAGNESIUM OIL

Since I’ve started using magnesium oil regularly, I’ve noticed immediate improvement in several areas.
1) I sleep better at night. This is by far one of the best benefits! 
2) I don’t need to use deodorant. A while back Ann Marie at Cheeseslave wrote a post on how she quit using deodorant with magnesium. She swore that when she supplements with magnesium, her sweat smells … clean. That’s been my experience, too. I may sweat, but it doesn’t smell bad anymore! I just spray under my arms after a shower.
3) I’m more calm. I feel that my stress level has decreased and I am more focused.

4) Pain Reliever: Helps arthritis pain, restless legs, muscle aches and pains... 

WHERE TO GET MAGNESIUM CHLORIDE FLAKES AND MAGNESIUM OIL

According to most in-the-know experts on this sort of thing (like Dr. Mark Sircus, who wrote the book on transdermal magnesium therapy), Ancient Minerals is the best brand of magnesium flakes and magnesium oil available on the market.
I buy my Ancient Minerals Magnesium Bath Flakes from Ancient Minerals I pay about  $9/lb and it will make about 32oz of magnesium oil.
If I didn’t make my own magnesium oil, I could just as easily buy it, but I’d be paying $60 to get 32oz of magnesium oil!
So, why not make it yourself? It’s so easy!

2 comments:

  1. Magnesium oil benefits will be examined in this article. In the and you will find the optimum knowledge of magnesium oil benefit. When making magnesium oil, it is important not to use metal utensils, as they can interact with the mineral and affect its properties.

    ReplyDelete