Welcome

Welcome Friends!! This little blog is for all my friends and family that have requested I share my recipes and other homemaking ideas… As most of you know, we moved onto a 64 acre farm about two years ago… we still have our Family Nights, but now many of us live up here on the farm: Mom and Dad live with Lanny and I, Paula built her house in one of the existing barns, Robbie and Molly built inside the big barn by us… You can check it all out on our blog the Johnson Gap Chronicles… Anyway, I am still fermenting and brewing all over my kitchen, but our Tuesday night dinners are not as large as they used to be. All the grands except 2 are grown, have jobs, live in other cities, and with the recent Covid insanity (and our daughter-in-laws heart transplant) James and Tasha are not out much lately. We just move on and look forward to better days. Thanks for peeking in… check back now and then and I promise to add new recipes and ideas as I am inspired :-) God bless!!

Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Pizza Casserole

This is absolutely a favorite around our house. I will give you the original recipe first because it sounds great! I just didn't follow it exactly because I didn't really want to layer. I will tell you my changes as we go!! I can tell you that it is the second most requested dish for our family nights...the first is MimiLada's!!

3 Meat Pizza Casserole Recipe

Ingredients:
1 pound Bow Tie Pasta
1 pound Mild Pork Sausage (I put ground beef or sausage in my spaghetti sauce)
1 large Onion, medium size chopped
2 (26 ounce) Jars Spaghetti Sauce (I use my homemade sauce)
1 pound Cubed Cooked Ham (I leave out the ham)
½-1 pounds Of Sliced Pepperoni
3 (8 ounce) Bags Of Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
6 Tbsp Of Grated Parmesan Cheese (not all my gang like the parmesan so I keep it as an add on)
2 Tbsp Chopped Garlic
1 tsp Dried Oregano

Directions: 
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dent é.
Cook sausage (if you are layering), garlic powder and oregano with onions until the juices run clear.
In a lightly greased 9x13x3 inch pan, pour a small amount of sauce to lightly coat bottom.
Layer ingredients in the order listed below.
1st layer-⅓ of the pasta, ⅓ remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, sausage and onions.
2nd layer-½ of the remaining pasta, ½ remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, ham.
3rd layer-all remaining pasta, all remaining sauce, 1 bag of mozzarella cheese, 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese, all the pepperoni (completely covering the entire top with pepperoni).
Bake at 375°F for 40 minutes.

Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.

Now my SUPER EASY RECIPE...




I usually use about 4 pounds of pasta because I am serving 18 to 20 hungry people. I make at least a gallon of my own spaghetti sauce with either sausage or ground beef. I put a little sauce on the bottom of two 12x17 inch pans, then half my pasta between the two. Mix in the sauce until you have the amount you like on your pasta. I usually put a little more to make up for any evaporation as it warms thru. Cover with cheese and thne put pepperoni on top, as little or as much as you like. We usually overlap it to cover the entire top. Since everything is already cooked I really just bake it until the top is bubbly and the pepperoni is browning a bit, maybe 20 minutes. This usually gives us enough for some leftovers. This dish is great left over and even can be frozen!! You will LOVE it!

It will also stay warm in a 200 degree oven for a couple hours if you want to fellowship before dinner...we often do. I just cover it loosely with foil til we are ready to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment