Welcome

Welcome Friends!! This little blog is for all my friends and family that have requested I share my recipes and other homemaking ideas… As most of you know, we moved onto a 64 acre farm about two years ago… we still have our Family Nights, but now many of us live up here on the farm: Mom and Dad live with Lanny and I, Paula built her house in one of the existing barns, Robbie and Molly built inside the big barn by us… You can check it all out on our blog the Johnson Gap Chronicles… Anyway, I am still fermenting and brewing all over my kitchen, but our Tuesday night dinners are not as large as they used to be. All the grands except 2 are grown, have jobs, live in other cities, and with the recent Covid insanity (and our daughter-in-laws heart transplant) James and Tasha are not out much lately. We just move on and look forward to better days. Thanks for peeking in… check back now and then and I promise to add new recipes and ideas as I am inspired :-) God bless!!

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Mimi-Lada's (The number ONE most requested dish around our house!!)

I cannot believe I didn't already have this recipe posted here. This is one of the easiest, yummiest, and most requested dishes you'll ever make. You will notice that there are no amounts listed in my ingredient list. That is because it's just up to you. You can start with a pound of ground beef, a pack of 10 tortillas, a jar of refried beans (I make my own) for a small casserole, or go all out with several pounds and feed a small army. Start small, but I promise you that you will soon be making big pans of it so that you can split it up and freeze it for later. It reheats perfectly. Put your frozen casserole, (covered) in a cold oven, set to 350 and check in an hour. If the center is thawed you can uncover to heat thru. This recipe came about because it was taking me too long to make enchilada's for such a large crowd...so I made them into a casserole!!

Ingredients:
Ground Beef
Refried Beans
Flour Tortillas Any Size (Can Also Use Corn Torillas)
Salsa
Shredded Cheese
Taco Seasoning Mix

Toppings: Sour Cream, Shredded Lettuce, Salsa, Chopped Tomatoes, Chopped Onions, Quacamole

Tortilla Chips 

Directions: 

Brown ground beef and add taco seasoning - warm the beans - layer tortillas, beans, tortillas, beef in a baking dish - top with cheese and bake 350 for around 30 minutes till bubbly and cheese melted. This recipe can be doubled, tripled…I make it for LARGE groups. Serve with shredded lettuce, chopped onions, chopped tomatoes, sour cream, tortilla chips and guacamole or salsa dips. A favorite around our house!

I usually put some salsa or diced tomatoes on the bottom of the pan
then layer the tortillas - as you can see, I cut and paste!


Then I spread a layer of refried beans...


...another layer of tortillas....


...a layer of ground beef...


...and top it with cheese.


Bake it at 350 until bubbly (all the ingredients are already cooked and warm).
And enjoy!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment