Welcome

Welcome Friends!! This little blog is for all my friends and family that have requested I share my recipes and other homemaking ideas… As most of you know, we moved onto a 64 acre farm about two years ago… we still have our Family Nights, but now many of us live up here on the farm: Mom and Dad live with Lanny and I, Paula built her house in one of the existing barns, Robbie and Molly built inside the big barn by us… You can check it all out on our blog the Johnson Gap Chronicles… Anyway, I am still fermenting and brewing all over my kitchen, but our Tuesday night dinners are not as large as they used to be. All the grands except 2 are grown, have jobs, live in other cities, and with the recent Covid insanity (and our daughter-in-laws heart transplant) James and Tasha are not out much lately. We just move on and look forward to better days. Thanks for peeking in… check back now and then and I promise to add new recipes and ideas as I am inspired :-) God bless!!

Thursday, August 29, 2013

Homemade Hand and Body Lotions

Nourishing Hand And Body Cream

Ingredients:
¼ cup Coconut Oil (I Use Nutiva Organic Or Tropical Traditions)
⅛ cup Shea Butter
⅛ cup Cocoa Butter 
1 Tbsp Aloe Vera Juice
1 Tbsp Liquid Oil Of Choice (Like Sweet Almond, jojoba, etc.)
5-10 Drops Essential Oils (Optional)

Directions: 
Heat the shea butter, coconut oil, and cocoa butter over low heat until melted.

2. Remove from heat.

3. Add the aloe vera juice, liquid oil, and essential oils and stir to combine well.

4. Store in container of your choice. I used small canning jars.1. I love how versatile this recipe is. I used extra coconut oil and shea butter since I was out of cocoa butter and it still turned out great.

2. For essential oils, use whatever you like. I used orange, which was really heavenly smelling, especially combined with the fragrance of the coconut oil. I felt like a creamsicle . I guess if I used the cocoa butter I would smell like chocolate covered candied orange peel (I’m working on a recipe for that), or something like that. Lavender would be very soothing as well.

3. This makes a small amount–just enough for one of these small canning jars.

****************************

How To Make An Easy Beeswax Lotion

Ingredients:
1 C. Olive Oil
½ C. Coconut Oil
½ C. Beeswax (I Prefer The Pastilles For Easy Melting, if using solid beeswax use 2 oz.)
½ T. Vitamin E Oil (Or About 5 Capsules Cut Open And Squeezed Out) (Optional)
20 Drops (Approximately) Essential Oil (Optional)

Directions: 
Combine olive oil, coconut oil and beeswax pastilles into a pint sized canning jar. Put this jar into a saucepan and fill the saucepan with water until it comes ¾ of the way up the canning jar, being careful not to get water into the oil mixture. Put on the stove over medium/low heat. Heat and stir occasionally until melted. Let cool to room temperature either by leaving out or quicken the process by putting into the refrigerator. During the cooling process, put a fork into the jar and stir vigorously every 15 minutes or so. Once at room temperature, add in the Vitamin E and essential oil. That’s it. You have lotion!

****************************

If you need essential oils, PLEASE check out Young Living Essential Oils.


No comments:

Post a Comment