Welcome

Welcome Friends!! This little blog is for all my friends and family that have requested I share my recipes and other homemaking ideas… As most of you know, we moved onto a 64 acre farm about two years ago… we still have our Family Nights, but now many of us live up here on the farm: Mom and Dad live with Lanny and I, Paula built her house in one of the existing barns, Robbie and Molly built inside the big barn by us… You can check it all out on our blog the Johnson Gap Chronicles… Anyway, I am still fermenting and brewing all over my kitchen, but our Tuesday night dinners are not as large as they used to be. All the grands except 2 are grown, have jobs, live in other cities, and with the recent Covid insanity (and our daughter-in-laws heart transplant) James and Tasha are not out much lately. We just move on and look forward to better days. Thanks for peeking in… check back now and then and I promise to add new recipes and ideas as I am inspired :-) God bless!!

Saturday, March 11, 2017

Spaghetti for a LARGE crowd!

A group of us ladies from my church minister to a small community here in Tennessee through our Baptist Association. We take lunch and have a Bible Study and fellowship time every second Wednesday of each month, and usually have 20 to 25 community ladies along with the dozen or so of us. So, we make lunch for around 35 ladies each month. 

This time I was in charge of the spaghetti...We could have taken the dry pasta and cooked it there but we don't have a lot of time for that, so I cooked it up ahead of time and took it in giant sized freezer bags. Then, all we had to do was get a big pot of water boiling, drop the refrigerated spaghetti into the boiling water for a couple minutes, dump it in the colander, and serve...easy peasy :-)

Boil as much as you need. In this case I used two family sized boxes, about 4 pounds of spaghetti. Cook it al dente (maybe even slightly under done) and rinse it with cold water in your colander. Put it into large heavy duty freezer bags and refrigerate (for this much I used extra large 2.5 gallon bags so I'd have room to close the bag). I have done this for our family night dinners up to 3-4 days before the event. You can even freeze cooked spaghetti, but that will be for another post.

Then when you are ready to serve it, just boil up a BIG pot of water, gently pour your spaghetti in and just warm it to serving temp without cooking. Pour it in a colander, rinse with hot water if desired, and serve as usual. It tastes great!


My Tramontina Pot is 16 Quarts...I LOVE it!








   

No comments:

Post a Comment